Thursday, 9 August 2012

Years passing like sand in the corner of an eye...


I found a mixtape (remember those?) which my friend Ian had made for me c. 1998. Ian changed, and indeed made, my musical taste more than anyone else, introducing me to Dead Can Dance, the Cocteau Twins, and a whole series of bands and singers who have long since become touchstones of my identity. Listening to the tracks on YouTube was a wonderful trip down memory lane, back to a more innocent time when Ian, suave in a velvet smoking jacket and eyeliner, used to cart moony, morose old me around Oxford in a Citroen 2CV with moss growing out of the roof.












1 comment:

Cerdo said...

Music is indeed a wonderful thing! A truly wonderful gift when friends share their world and influence your own - whether it be music, literature, art, or something equally universal yet deeply personal, and oh so inspiring! Thanks for sharing...

PS: How can you describe yourself as having been 'old' in 1998 ?!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...