Sunday, 28 August 2011

Arthur



I can see only one reason to love 'King' Arthur Uther Pendragon---the nom d'épée of deluded old sponge John Rothwell---and that's the mirror he holds up to religious leaders everywhere. His preposterous mixture of moral certainty and difficulty with the act of thinking reminds one strongly of George Carey's tenure in Augustine's seat; the cooked-up personal anger over the bones of the long dead puts me in mind of thicko Muslim youth declaring parts of East London a 'gay-free zone.' As 'Arthur Rex' (for so he signed the court papers) might have said: 'For verily, the Earth Goddess is mighty in anger and severe in punishment, and She looketh down in thunder upon the Unbeliever.'

Yes, he is a disgrace to thinking, and, like so many UK neo-Pagans, enemy to and fugitive from logic, sense, and taste. I should like to take him---and Carey, and the addle-pated madrassoids---to one side and explain to them that one key aspect of living in a democracy is that the intensity of your feelings is not a barometer of the seriousness with which they should be taken.

Also I'd like to say to him: get a job and STOP WASTING OUR F***ING MONEY.

7 comments:

Tlachtga said...

Oh dear god, yes, a thousand times yes.

Bo said...

Ha! Glad you agree.

Suem said...

I rather like eccentrics, but I completely agree that there are always exceptions to the rule!

(Rather amused to think of George Carey as a neo-Pagan-cum-knight-of-the-round-table.)

Bo said...

Teehee! Yess, that was naughty of me. ;)

Peg A said...

I admire his tenacity, and he has made sacrifices for this cause for many years....but yes, he is sometimes a little too "out there" for many to take hims seriously. I have met him...back in 2000.

Bo said...

Alas I think his cause is basically wrong-headed, so I don't share your admiration for his tenacity in pursuing it.

Euterpe said...

Good evening! I'd like to share with you my music blog, I hope you like it. Thanks.
Oh, you also have problem with the educative system! In Spain it's awful, and I'm a teacher! Horrible...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...